How to applyDecember 17, 2018 12:26 pm
SurgihoneyRO™ is applied directly to the wound bed or surgical incision site
To ensure optimum results please follow the following guidelines:
- Cleanse the wound as per local guidelines
- Apply 2mm thickness directly to the wound bed. Alternatively, SurgihoneyRO™ can be applied to an inert wound contact or secondary dressing then placed on the wound bed
- Select an appropriate secondary dressing for exudate level and to maintain moist wound healing environment
- A tube of SurgihoneyRO™ may be used on a single patient, multiple times, for up to 28 days
It is recommended that SurgihoneyRO™ is applied every 72 hours (3 days) and more frequently in critical wound infections to maximise effect.
- For critically infected wounds, it is recommended that SurgihoneyRO™ is applied daily then reduce to alternate days, then to every 3 days over the first 2 weeks (subject to individual clinical scenario). If there is no improvement in the wound condition and microbial status use should be reviewed
- For surgical incision sites, it is recommended to apply SurgihoneyRO™ once immediately after closure to assist healing and as a secondary infection prevention measure
SurgihoneyRO™ may be used under compression bandaging for up to 7 days however potency will decrease after day 3.
With a low therapeutic dose of H202 there are no contraindications associated with long term use and it is non-toxic to healthy tissue. It may be used on children.
This post was written by adminrachg-surg